Maria Bilczuk
Born in Stanisławów (now Ivano-Frankivsk) on 9 May 1934. Between 1939 and 1943 she lived in Ternopil. After her father’s death, in 1940, Maria Bilczuk’s mother remarried, and, in 1956, went together with Maria Bilczuk’s brother to her husband who remained in Poland after World War II. Maria Bilczuk learned at a Polish school. She passed her secondary-school leaving exams in 1952 and started studies at the Pedagogical Institute in Stanisławów. After her graduation she worked as an academic teacher at the Institute until she retired. She remarried after the death of her first husband. She has a son and two grandchildren.