Born in Drohobych (Polish: Drohobycz, Lviv voivodship in the Second Polish Republic) on 24 October 1927. Before the outbreak of World War II she attended a primary school, after the entry of the Red Army into Poland’s Eastern Borderlands she gave up education for two years. During the German occupation she studied at the school of commerce which she completed in 1943. After the occupation of Drohobycz by the Soviets in 1944 she took up a job at the local refinery first at the pass desk and then at the laboratory. After the end of the war she started a family with whom she has been living in Drohobych until the present day.