Born in the village of Dzierkowszczyzna (Dzerkaushchyna) near Hlubokaye (Vilnius voivodship in the Second Polish Republic) on 27 September 1927. Her parents had a small farm. By the outbreak of World War II she completed two forms of a primary school. During the Soviet occupation she attended a school with the Belarusian language for a year. She lived through the war in Dzierkowszczyzna. In 1957, she moved to Hlubokaye. From 1944 to 1956 she worked at a post office. Then, for 12 years she had a job at the school canteen. Now, she lives in Hlubokaye.